A Roman Catholic Parish of the Archdiocese of New York
Our Parish Mission
The Roman Catholic faith community of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish strives to live out the Gospel message of love, compassion and forgiveness. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we are sustained by the sacraments. Through the intercession of Mary, we strive to share our time, talent and treasure to grow together spiritually, and to provide religious and academic education to our parishioners of all ages. We seek the greater good of those in need, so that all who seek may find the loving presence of God.
Our Lady of Sorrows was founded in 1929. It is comfortably situated in a suburban setting in the Gedney Farms neighborhood of the City of White Plains in the county of Westchester, New York. Our parishioners are dedicated to the celebration of their Catholic faith through worship and service.
Our Address: 920 Mamaroneck Ave, White Plains, NY 10605
Directions to O.L.S. Church click here
PLEASE NOTE: Beware of "fake" email solicitations that might have Fr. Quealy's name attached to a gmail or any other email account. This is NOT a church or personal email for Fr. Quealy. Do not respond in any way, simply DELETE the email immediately. Fr. Quealy is not sending out any emails.
A Note from Fr. Quealy
Blessed Christmas greetings to all. I miss being with you especially during Christmas. I am limited in travel by my physical abilities and the covid virus situation. It is taking much longer than I expected to return to full health from the stroke. It is a slow but steady process. Please know my heart is with you as we celebrate the birth of Christ our Savior either in Church or at home. This is a unique feast for a Christian when we reaffirm our faith in the incarnation, God made Man! This year our faith is being tested beyond expectation, but it is in these trying times that we prove our Love. Our love for God the Father, Jesus, Our Blessed Lady and one another. As I have often said when times got tough, “Keep The Faith!” Thank you to all who are working very hard to keep our parish alive and well. Special thanks to Fr. Wiggins for his hard work in my absence, as administrator of the parish activities. Your notes, cards, prayers and well wishes during my healing has lifted my spirits and helped me continue with my therapy. God willing I will see you soon. God Bless and Merry Christmas! -Fr. Quealy
Weekly Announcements: January 22, 2021 :
1) Our Lady's Guild Weekly Rosary:
Monday, January 25, 2021 08:00 PM Eastern Time.
Rosary will begin at 8:05pm
If you have any prayer intentions, please send them to OurLadysguildwp@gmail.com by 7pm on Monday.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 740 548 9979
All parishioners are welcome!
2) First Penance will be celebrated on January 30, 2021 at 12:00 pm & 2 pm. Please pray for our children as they prepare to receive their third sacrament, the sacrament of Jesus’ forgiveness, mercy and love.
3) Family Life: Longest Married Couple Search The search begins for the Longest Married Couple in the Archdiocese of New York! To enter: Couples must be sacramentally married for a minimum of 65 years and reside in the Archdiocese of New York. The longest married couples will receive commemorative certificates signed by His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan. The winning couple will be interviewed and featured in an article in Catholic New York. Winners are determined by how long the couple has been married as of World Marriage Day, February 14th, 2021. For further information, or to submit an entry, contact Kathleen Crayne at the Family Life Office at email@example.com (preferred method) or 646-794-3182.
4) Our Lady of Sorrows School: invites families interested in applying to our school to attend our Zoom Information sessions during Catholic Schools Week on Monday, February 1, Tuesday, February 2, and Wednesday, February 3, 2021.Families interested are encouraged to contact our school office at 914-761-0124 to reserve a Zoom session.
OLS is currently accepting Kindergarten applications for the 2021-2022 school year and also has limited spaces available in Grades 1 - 8.
For more information please visit www.olsschoolwp.com and follow the Admissions section to view our new Online Enrollment Handbook.
5) 2021 O.L.S. Mass Book: Intentions for the 2021 O.L.S. Mass Book will be accepted beginning December 15, 2020. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, our rectory staff will not be working with you in person. You may mail a list of your requested Mass intentions, drop it off in the rectory mailbox (located outside the front door of the church/rectory office by the small parking lot side) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org For the time being, a total of 5 intentions will be accepted comprised of 2 Sunday Masses and 3 weekday Masses. As in the past, no intentions are accepted for Easter and Christmas Masses. Our current Mass schedule will remain in place - one Mass at 8am Monday through Saturday and Masses at 5pm Saturday and 7:30am, 10am and 12 noon on Sunday. The following information should be included on your “list”: your name, address, phone number and email address if applicable. Your actual list of intentions must include the person’s name - neatly printed please - and indicate if living or deceased. The cost of an announced Mass is now $20 per intention. When a list is received at the rectory office it will be stamped with the date and time received to allow for “first come first served fairness.” You will be notified in writing of the intentions that were arranged based on your list. If a date and/or time was not available, the closest to your request will be entered in the Mass Book. Due to the volume of requests we have received in the past for the opening of the Mass Book, we cannot work with you over the phone at this time. Please be patient, compliant and cheerful as we navigate the opening of the Mass book with these new parameters.
Livestream / Pre-recorded Masses -- You do not have an obligation to attend Mass in person during the coronavirus pandemic. Cardinal Dolan has dispensed us from the obligation to attend Mass until further notice. Alternatively, you can watch Mass on-line or on television and make an Act of Spiritual Communion when you are unable to receive the Holy Eucharist. Find links to on-line Masses through our Parish website www.olscc.com under the "church tab"
Weekday: Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m.
5:00 p.m. (Saturday Vigil)
7:30 a.m. , 10:00 a.m. and 12 noon
General Principles for Resuming Mass:
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass is suspended until further notice.
- Those who are older than 65 or who have underlying health conditions are urged not to come to Mass.
- Those who feel in any way sick or who are worried about attendance shouldn’t enter the church.
- Everyone attending MUST wear a mask to protect one another. It is part of the second greatest commandment “to love one another as ourselves.”
- Enter and exit the church maintaining social distancing. Do not congregate in the church lobby.
- Maintain 6 ft distance between people and refrain from any physical contact.
- Follow our new temporary seating arrangements (signs on pews).
- Non-essential gatherings/meetings/prayer groups are suspended until further notice.
- Wear a face mask from the time you arrive and in church, except when receiving Holy Communion.
- Please arrive in ample time prior to Mass (we strongly recommend at least 15 minutes).
- The only church entrance open will be the front doors. Those who need to use the handicap entrance will be let in by a member of the task force. All exits are available at the conclusion of Mass.
- Please sit in the designated seats/pews.
- While in a pew, please maintain a 6 feet distance between a person or a household unit around you.
- Please refrain from any physical contact, including the Sign of Peace.
- There will be a single line for Communion with clearly marked 6 feet intervals. Keep your face mask on until you receive the Host and immediately replace the mask after receiving the Host.
- Holy Communion will be distributed ONLY in the hand. No gloves are allowed.
Fr. Tim's Welcome Video:
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEERS are needed to join OLS’s Task Force. Responsibilities include:
- Checking Mass Reservations
- Assisting with seating
- Cleaning the church after Mass
How to Access Mass:
Mass is available via the Catholic Faith Network. Visit catholicfaithnetwork.org/masses for times and locations.
The Mass from Saint Patrick’s Cathedral is available on The Catholic Channel on Sirius XM 129 at 7:00 and 10:00am (Eastern Time) and on Sunday at 10:15am, and from Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels (Los Angeles) at 1:00pm (Eastern Time). Visit siriusxm.com/thecatholicchannel for more information.
Saint Patrick’s Cathedral – Mass Livestream Page
Saint Agnes Church – YouTube Channel
O.L.S. Church - click on our church tab for livestreams of our masses.
Daily Mass Celebrated by Pope Francis from the Santa Marta Chapel in Rome
Weekdays at 11:00 am, 9:30 pm ET
Saturday at 11:00 am, 9:30 pm ET
Sunday at 1:30 pm, 8:30 pm ET
St. Agnes Cathedral, Rockville Centre, NY
Weekdays at 8:30 am,12:30 pm ET
Sunday at 11:00 am, 7:00 pm ET
St. Patrick’s Cathedral, NY
Weekdays at 6:30 pm ET
Saturday at 8:30 am ET
Sunday at 3:30 pm ET
La Santa Misa, Rockville Centre, NY
Sunday at 6 pm ET
The Catholic Faith Network (CFN) is available throughout the New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut area on:
Optimum channel 29/137
Verizon FiOS TV channel 296
Spectrum channel 162/471
Visit catholicfaithnetwork.org/masses for times and locations of Mass on-line.
2020 Cardinal's Stewardship Appeal Information click here
Archdiocese of New York
Family Life Respect Life
Catholic Encyclopedia-New Advent
FORMED, web-based Catholic information. OLS Parish access code: 8FGHYT
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Feeding Westchester continues to help feed those who are hungry across Westchester. For those wishing to make a monetary donation, please make your checks payable to Feeding Westchester and mail to Feeding Westchester, 200 Clearbrook Road, Elmsford, NY 10523. On-line donations are also an option - go to info.feedingwestchester.org/olsbb